Intentional Alignment

The manifestation of intention. This morning my intention at yoga was to treat myself with love and an open heart.

Photo taken at Perito Moreno Glacier in Argentina
What is something you would like to do in your life, for your life? Not just a "resolution" like those things we make for the New Year. You know, those things like "go to the gym, lose weight, eat healthier," which we practice for a month or two and then give up. Not that kind of resolution, instead what is something that you feel drawn to? Is there a book you really want to read? a practice of some sort that you feel drawn to? What gets you feeling excited and full of adrenaline when you think about it? What is that passion locked deep within that's trying to break through? Let's unlock that passion and make it a reality.

For me I am manifesting the intention of taking care of my physical being, the body. Okay, I'll break it down, what this means to me is practicing yoga at least 2-3 times a week but preferably more, focusing on getting stronger through rock climbing while also supporting this through healthy food choices. This also means getting enough sleep at night in order to let my body, mind and spirit rest. So, through all of this I have set the intention to be gentle with myself and love myself. The truth is that my physical performance changes from day to day, instead of judging that, I am accepting it. I am aware of this, I am human and just like my emotions experience waves, so does my physical, and that is OKAY, it really is.

The intention that we set in our practice of life, each moment, is huge. My intention sets the belief of how I am going to act. So what intention are you manifesting within your head? what about within your heart? Are these two places manifesting different intentions or are they aligned today?

For me my head often wants to be the best and is driven by that three letter word... E-G-O. The thought, "if I do this, then that person will view me this certain way." Rather than being driven by that head space I am focusing on setting my intention in my heart and I have found that the more I do that the head can follow. Not all the time because I am human, but by practicing that manifestation in my heart space my actions begin to align and my head decides to follow. It's a pretty rad experience.

My hope is that you can open your head and heart in order to manifest an intention that feels right for you in your life.

Intentionally teaching others about Gratitude. Love. and Acceptance.
Sarah


Comments