"A-new" Practice

The feeling that things will never change. Defeat, destruction and stagnation. Stuck in quick sand with no hope of escaping the strong, downward pull.

Not True. How? How can I escape? How can I make a choice to change the narration in my head of defeat. Of failure and inability to alter my outward physical existence. What is preventing me from making change? What am I scared of?

A grateful, long conversation with a lovely cousin brought clarity to me. Are my actions parallel to my goals that I talk about and hope for in my life? My physical living, taking care of my body through exercise and movement. I want to practice yoga but my actions exhibit lack of commitment. What is commitment? Or the word investment? I like investment, it gives me the mental image of investing money, sometimes those investments grow, sometimes they hit the ground. But they are changing and often without the investor's control. What do I have control over? Am I afraid of committing to a practice? What if I don't do it perfectly. I am committing to a new practice or to anew my practice.

a·new
əˈn(y)o͞o
adverb
literary
  1.                                    1.in a new or different, typically more positive, way.



A moment of gratitude- having loving people in my life to help me see and feel what is important in my life. How grateful I am that I can open up, be vulnerable and gain awareness for what area of my life needs growth. That growth for me is requiring commitment right now. I must let go, trust the process and practice on a daily basis without thinking I have the control over all of it. What does growth look like in your life today?




Thank you for being the mirror in my life for today.


Today I choose to let go and start anew in my practice of yoga and movement.


Gracefully,
Sarah

Comments