From Zero to Three

Curiosity. Desire. Fear. Hesitation. Fear. Willingness to ask for help. Fear. Action. Fear. Practice. Fear. Growth through Practice.

That was my head and body today while I learned how to juggle. Sitting at a festival, watching guys juggle, I had a feeling within arise, "that would be a fun thing to learn, go over there and juggle." Intimidated as these guys were juggling with 7 balls I stood up, walked over there and asked, "can you teach me how to juggle?" I had moments of fear and judgement towards myself but I listened to the teachers in front of me because they were juggling masters but overly willing to teach me. After many overthrown balls, missed catches and attempts I was able to do a round, slowly more and eventually I was smiling because I felt accomplished. I said, "I did it!" and the teacher said, "yes, you've been practicing." And I was reminded that anything is possible with practice. 

Today I am connected and grateful. It's much more than those three little balls I used to juggle with, it's connecting to people, being teachable and having fun in whatever it is because it's not about the end result, it's the journey of our practice. 

Namaste.
Sarah

Comments