Cinnamon + Almond Butter + Apple = Success.

FOOD. Something we need to survive yet often take for granted.





Today I am grateful for the cinnamon sprinkled, freshly ground almond butter accompanied with my delicious Jonagold apple that I ate this evening.




Do you eat for nourishment? out of boredom? for comfort? or something else? Are you connected with the food you are eating? Do you prepare your own food or just pop in somewhere, eat quickly and leave? These are all questions that came to me today. The joy and love that goes into making food and the enjoyment of an edible creation especially when it's alongside loving company.


Roasted Asparagus for dinner tonight
I know for me I eat for all of those things at times: nourishment, boredom, comfort and sometimes just because I love how it tastes and do not want to stop eating. Sometimes I am aware and making the decision of eating and other times I feel like it just happens as if I'm set on autopilot and don't even realize it. But for whatever reason it is happening, am I connected with my food? How can I better connect to my food? When I am consciously aware of what I am eating I feel gratitude and appreciation for the nourishment that's entering to sustain me. Eating whole foods are nourishing and healing and I have a choice in what I eat. Food is medicine.

Food for thought (no pun intended): Are you eating foods to heal yourself or are you choosing foods that harm yourself?

Before you take your next mouthful of food, take a moment, breathe, think about where this next plate of food has come from. If you made it, think about the ingredients and process spent on it. If it's made by someone else think about their energy used and how this food may be a channel of their love and character.

Food is another source of connection and gratitude in my life today.


Cheers to Almond Butter!
Sarah



Comments