Change of a Leaf

Looking through to change.

Change and healing. Healing and change.


Which precedes? Is there an order to these two things?

In my world change and healing go together like almond butter and apples. Maybe for you it's more like peanut butter and jelly. One without the other feels like something is missing. How can I change without healing? And how can I heal myself, my perspective, my reality? My world can heal once I am willing and able to change actions and thoughts. My actions are first created in my mind. The northern piece of self (my head) reacts based on the story I tell myself, often rooted in fear.

Looking at these beautiful autumn leaves while visiting Rhode Island I am brought to the now, this autumn season. The leaves are changing because that's what they do. As a human being I am also allowed to change and shed my leaves.  Maybe I lose that action or thought, eventually it grows back. But the four seasons we experience effect plants and nature. Yet as human beings what are the cycles for us to change? Are we in tune with the flow of nature? Of the moon? the sun? At what point can you slow down for healing? The healing associated with change, just like our moon, sun, plants and cycles change.

As a human being I sometimes hold resentments, or do resentments hold me?
When I am feeling resentful it feels super uncomfortable to think about changing anything. It feels easier to sit in self pity and misery than to take a risk and heal that resentment. In order to heal that resentment I most likely must change something about myself, either thought or action.

Connecting with nature, the fresh, cool autumn air I am grateful for the reminder of change. Change can feel scary but looking at these deep red, burnt orange and yellow leaves I choose to view this change as simply beautiful.

 The things that used to turn my world upside down no longer rule my consciousness. I choose to respond rather than react. Change is the only constant in life. Whether I want to change or not, life is going to change.

Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island


Life is meant to be loved and love is what life is.

With a hot cup of green tea in hand... Cheers to this autumn season!
Sarah

Comments